Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results.
Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Bosnia Evaluation, Learning, Monitoring, and Assessment Activity. The primary components of this Activity are: (1) provide technical assistance to Mission and implementing partner staff for the Mission’s Performance Management Plan (PMP), Project MEL Plans, and Activity MEL Plans; (2) design and conduct evaluations, surveys, assessments, and special studies as requested by the USAID/BiH Mission; and, (3) use collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) as a crosscutting approach systematically.
The COP will be responsible for overall project management, external representation, and ensuring overall quality control. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation, supervising large international teams, and knowledge of USAID policy and procedures. S/he will be the main person responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient performance of all aspects of the contract, including provision of contract oversight, maintaining acceptable standards of quality for all assigned tasks and expected deliverables, including overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities, all required reports, and for staff management. This position is contingent upon contract award. This position will be based in Sarejevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). The expected period of performance is five years, and is anticipated to begin in September 2019.
- Provide vision and leadership to program operations
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID/BiH on activity implementation and management aspects
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on the progress and status of all activities under the contract
- Serve as the the facilitator or co-facilitator of high-level discussions and fora among USAID staff and partners regarding learning and adaptive management
- Supervise senior staff and all key personnel for the implementation of the contract
- Work closely with and coach USAID staff to facilitate CLA leadership by Mission staff
- Ensure compliance and integrity of contract provisions, including annual work plan and other reports.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, planning, management, and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in business administration, management, international development, development economics, organizational sciences or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in management positions for USAID projects with quality past performance references; previous Chief of Party experience is strongly preferred
- Must have a strong background in project management, organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/BiH and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support
- Previous work experience in Bosnia and Herzegovina or the Balkans regions is highgly desired
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by filling out the online form shown below.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
Alegre Associates is an EEO/AA/ADA employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.