Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results. Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will
Alegre Associates is seeking a Data Analyst for the SDG-3 Healthy Lives independent evaluation in Nigeria. The independent evaluation focuses on SDG-3, which aims to achieve healthy lives in Nigeria by 2030. The evaluation will assess the effectiveness and impact of the health sector strategic plan’s contribution towards achieving SDG-3 Healthy Lives in Nigeria. The evaluation will also identify key lessons learns from past experience and State comparative advantages. The Data Analyst provides all the necessary analysis using existing quantitative and qualitative data, necessary to answer the evaluation questions. S/he reports to the Evaluation Team Lead. This position is based in Abuja and will have a period of performance of approximately 70 days starting in March 2020.
- Generate descriptive statistics from existing health data sets from target states and national data using a statistical software program
- Conduct analysis of variance and regression analysis for specific variables that will be necessary to respond to specific evaluation questions as part of a comparative analysis among target states
- Synthesize data analysis to support identification of evaluation findings and conclusions
- Support the compilation of preliminary findings of the evaluation
- Develop outputs (i.e., graphs, charts, and alike) from the data analysis to be included in the presentation of preliminary findings of the evaluation to the client
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in social science, demography, statistics, development, economics, or related field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in data analysis of the health sector in Nigeria.
- Proven experience conducting descriptive statistics, analysis of variance, and regression analysis for health data.
- Deep knowledge of health statistics in Nigeria, including routine health data from Nigeria’s DHIS2
- Strong knowledge of using STATA or similar statistical package for conducting data analysis is required
- Excellent team work, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
To apply for this position, please fill out the online form below.