Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results. Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Health Financing Advisor for the SDG-3 Healthy Lives independent evaluation in Nigeria. The independent evaluation focuses on SDG-3, which aims to achieve healthy lives in Nigeria by 2030. The evaluation will assess the effectiveness and impact of the health sector strategic plan’s contribution towards achieving SDG-3 Healthy Lives in Nigeria. The evaluation will also identify key lessons learned from past experience and State comparative advantages. The Health Financing Advisor is an expert in health financing policy for the health sector in Nigeria and provides expertise for the analysis of health financing policies, processes and data necessary to answer the evaluation questions. S/he reports to the Evaluation Team Lead. This position is based in Abuja and will have a period of performance of approximately 30 days starting in March 2020.
- Identify past studies on health budget allocation and execution of funds for health programs in Nigeria funded by the GON and external donors (i.e., World Bank and others)
- Describe how states do the prioritization and planning of activities and budget allocation for health programs
- Assess whether or not the funds allocated for health programs are sufficient to cover health priorities, and provide recommendations for strengthening funds allocations and execution in the health sector at national and State levels
- Assess the status of health budgets at national and target State levels and if there is a deficit, describe programmatic consequences and provide recommendations to minimize their negative effects
- Analyze the entire chain of budget allocation and execution of funds for health programs and identify strengths and weaknesses of the system
- Document the findings of the health financing data following the guidance from the Evaluation Team Lead
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, public health, social science, development, or related field
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible professional experience in conducting analysis of health financing data in Nigeria.
- Strong knowledge of the National Health Accounts conducted to date in Nigeria
- Proven experience conducting health financing data analysis at the national and sub-national level in Nigeria
- Deep knowledge of health financing policies in Nigeria, including Nigeria’s national health accounts and costing of health insurance approaches in Nigeria
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
To apply for this position, please fill out the online form below.