Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results. Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Research Assistant for the SDG-3 Healthy Lives independent evaluation in Nigeria. The independent evaluation focuses on SDG-3, which aims to achieve healthy lives in Nigeria by 2030. The evaluation will assess the effectiveness and impact of the health sector strategic plan’s contribution towards achieving SDG-3 Healthy Lives in Nigeria. The evaluation will also identify key lessons learned from past experience and State comparative advantages. The Research Assistant provides support for all data collection processes and desk reviews of technical resources for the evaluation. This includes reviewing the national health policies and strategies, State / LGA annual operating plans, and examine whether they are aligned with the priority components of the SDG-3. S/he reports to the Evaluation Team Lead. This position is based in Abuja and will require travel within Nigeria. This position will have a period of performance of approximately 30 days starting in March 2020.
- Review interview instruments and guides, conduct a field test them, and provide recommendations for their completion
- Plan the logistics of the interviews in Abuja and selected states
- Support for the logistic programming for field visits in selected states, including familiarity with transportation to the states and LGAs, scheduling appointments with SMOH / LGAs staff, and following up
- Conduct the interviews in pairs, one asks the questions and probes, while the other records or transcribes them. Transcribe the interview in MSWord on a daily basis
- At the end of the data collection, carry out the analysis of the data collected by evaluation question, states and program interventions; describe trends, common factors and differences between states
- Write the general conclusions of the field study in a preliminary report
- Participate in the presentation of the results to the evaluation technical working group and stakeholders
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, public health, social science, development, or related field
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience supporting data collection for evaluations and/or assessments of health programs in Nigeria.
- Strong familiarity with the health sector in Nigeria
- Strong knowledge of conducting interviews with key informants and focus group discussions
- Proven knowledge of transcribing and codifying qualitative data for content analysis
- Experience in conducting content analysis of qualitative data to identify salient themes based on facts and data gathered from semi-structured interviews
- Experience transcribing text from qualitative inquiries for further analysis, writing summaries and reports routinely after fieldwork, and at the end of data collection, support conducting the global analysis of the findings
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
To apply for this position, please fill out the online form below.