Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results. Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Senior Co-Evaluator for the SDG-3 Healthy Lives independent evaluation in Nigeria. The independent evaluation focuses on SDG-3, which aims to achieve healthy lives in Nigeria by 2030. The evaluation will assess the effectiveness and impact of the health sector strategic plan’s contribution towards achieving SDG-3 Healthy Lives in Nigeria. The evaluation will also identify key lessons learned from past experience and State comparative advantages. The Senior Co-Evaluator provides expertise in evaluation of health systems, specifically in maternal, child health and nutrition; health programme management, and expertise in qualitative research methods. S/he reports to the Evaluation Team Lead. This position is based mostly in Abuja and will have a period of performance of approximately 40-45 days starting in March 2020.
- In close consultation with the Evaluation Team Lead, select the most significant indicators to assess the effect of SDG-3 interventions over a period of 10 years
- Obtain the data and information sources through databases or existing reports or relevant studies
- Verify the feasibility of other sources of information for cross-analysis, including routine management information systems by intervention programs
- During field visits, verify the existence of information systems for maternal, child and nutrition health programs in target States, and if these are used for planning activities at the LGA level
- Present to the evaluation team data and information in summary tables and graphs to visualize trends of selected indicators
- Conduct trend analysis for all indicators selected for the evaluation
- Development of interview guides for key informant interviews and focus group discussions, field tests, and training of the evaluation team in qualitative research methodologies
- Support the Evaluation Team Lead in the drafting of the evaluation report according to agreed outline
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, public health, social science, development, or related field
- At least 20 years of progressively responsible professional experience in designing and conducting evaluation of health programs in low- and middle-income countries, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa and/or Nigeria
- Skills in the synthesis and analysis of qualitative data; drawing conclusions and lessons learned from the results found
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
To apply for this position, please fill out the online form below.