Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results.
Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What Will You Do
Alegre Associates is looking for a consultant with experience evaluating HIV/AIDS programs in low-resource settings. This will be a short-term assignment to conduct a country case study in Zambia as part of an independent evaluation of the UNAIDS-CDC project that aims to strengthen public health capacity and strategic information system in Zambia and eight other countries. The country case study is part of the overall evaluation methodology that will make use of mixed methods to assess capacity of countries to generate HIV estimates, strengthen health information systems and use data to reach key populations. This position is contingent upon contract award. It is expected to have 25 days of LOE and will be based in Lusaka. Expected start date is around late July 2019.
- Review relevant country documents related to the implementation of the project
- Conduct direct observation of HIV work where relevant
- Conduct face-to-face interviews and focus group discussions (FGDs) with stakeholders, including staff from UN, CDC, HIV strategic information country managers/officers, Ministry of Health, members of civil society organizations key populations, community representative and donors
- Document and analyze gathered data and information from interviews and FGDs
- Prepare a detailed report and presentation from the data/information gathered
- At least 10 years of experience in conducting mixed-method evaluations either as a team leader or member of an evaluation team
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programming is required
- Experience with health information system preferred
- Demonstrated experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in analyzing quantitative data
- Strong experience in conducting content analysis with qualitative data using at least one software program to do so (i.e., Dedoose)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by filling out the online form shown below.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
Alegre Associates is an EEO/AA/ADA employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.