Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results.
Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Sr. Evaluation Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Bosnia Evaluation, Learning, Monitoring, and Assessment Activity. The primary components of this Activity are: (1) provide technical assistance to Mission and implementing partner staff for the Mission’s Performance Management Plan (PMP), Project MEL Plans, and Activity MEL Plans; (2) design and conduct evaluations, surveys, assessments, and special studies as requested by the USAID/BiH Mission; and, (3) use collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) as a crosscutting approach systematically.
The Sr. Evaluation Advisor will report to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for the design, implementation, quality and timely completion of all evaluations, surveys and assessments conducted throughout the implementation of the Activity. This is a key position that will be based in Sarejevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). The expected period of performance is five years, and is anticipated to begin in September 2019. Bosnian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical and management expertise in survey and evaluation design and implementation, including data collection.
- Participate in the interview and decision-making process for evaluation team members and team leaders recruited for evaluations, surveys and assessments to be conducted under this Activity
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control for all evaluations, surveys, and assessment deliverables
- Supervise an Evaluation Specialist and ensure quality of his/her work.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in social science, demography, statistics, development, economics, knowledge management or related field
- At least eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in performance evaluations, impact evaluations, statistical and econometric analysis, survey design, data quality assurance, data management and collection, and/or performance management activities on a USAID or other donor-funded project
- Proven applied knowledge and use of USAID M&E practices
- Prior experience in a similar position on a USAID-funded project
- Strong knowledge of statistics and sampling methodologies
- Deep knowledge of USAID M&E regulations, compliance and requirements
- Excellent team work, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Prior work experience in Bosnia/Herzegovina or the Balkans region is strongly preferred
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by filling out the online form shown below.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
Alegre Associates is an EEO/AA/ADA employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.