Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results. Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Senior M&E Advisorfor the anticipated USAID/Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. The purpose of this five-year contract is to provide USAID/Malawi a central platform for the procurement of support services that will strengthen, support and facilitate USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and to improve development outcomes. The platform also aims to strenghten local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners (e.g., implementing partners, government, civil society, donors, academia, and the private sector) to advance shared development objectives and support Malawi in making progress in its journey to self-reliance.
The Senior M&E Advisor oversees and participates in all monitoring, evaluations, assessments and research throughout the life of the contract. S/he reports to the Chief of Party and manages all the specific monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as requested by the Mission. This position is contingent upon contract award. Malawian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Serve as the principal investigator for all strategic evaluations and research implemented throughout the implementation of the Activity
- Design and develop field data validation plans and appropriate methodologies and instruments, and conducts and/or oversees corresponding data analysis
- Conduct tests to examine data’s reliability and validity
- Maintains strong networks with the local M&E community and ensures that all M&E designs and approaches employ rigorous methods and high-quality, state-of-the-art practices
- Provides guidance and management for subcontractors, lower-level M&E specialists, data collectors, and any other technical specialists tasked with implementing monitoring, evaluation, assessments and research activities as part of this contract
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on the progress and status of all activities under the contract.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in social science, demography, statistics, development, economics, knowledge management or related field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- At least 5 years of experience in supervisory and/or management position, including provision of management oversight to subcontractors and/or IDIQ management
- Significant experience designing and implementing baseline assessments, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, translating evidence into guidance for implementation, conducting data quality assessments, and assessing the quality of indicators
- Deep knowledge of USAID M&E regulations, compliance and requirements
- Excellent team work, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Prior work experience in Malawi or Southern Africa is strongly preferred
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi and will require travel throughout the country.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by filling out the online form shown below.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
Alegre Associates is an EEO/AA/ADA employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.