Who We Are
Alegre Associates brings innovative solutions to solve complex development challenges. We use agile and lean approaches that are responsive to the needs of our clients and beneficiaries while maintaining our focus on end results.
Alegre Associates is a progressive company that is growing in the field of monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning for development challenges. What distinguish us is the use of disruptive and cost-effective solutions that maximize outcomes and sustainable impact.
What You Will Do
Alegre Associates is seeking a Sr. Monitoring Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Bosnia Evaluation, Learning, Monitoring, and Assessment Activity. The primary components of this Activity are: (1) provide technical assistance to Mission and implementing partner staff for the Mission’s Performance Management Plan (PMP), Project MEL Plans, and Activity MEL Plans; (2) design and conduct evaluations, surveys, assessments, and special studies as requested by the USAID/BiH Mission; and, (3) use collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) as a crosscutting approach systematically.
The Sr. Monitoring Advisor will report to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for the design, implementation, quality and timely completion of all monitoring aspects of the Activity. This is a key position that will be based in Sarejevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). The expected period of performance is five years, and is anticipated to begin in September 2019. Bosnian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Design and develop field data validation plans and appropriate methodologies and instruments, and conducts and/or oversees corresponding data analysis
- Assist USAID and IP staff in developing project and activity level AMELPs, PMPs, DQAs, indicators, targets, and performance reviews
- Oversee data collection efforts from data systems and project-level M&E plans, and conduct original data collection, reviewing, and advising on collection methodologies
- Analyze submitted data, including identifying potential deficiencies and inconsistencies
- Support the Mission in conducting annual reviews of PMP indicators
- Participate in the interview and decision-making process for team members recruited for performance monitoring activities
- Maintains strong networks with the local M&E community and ensures that all M&E designs and approaches employ rigorous methods and high-quality, state-of-the-art practices
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in social science, demography, statistics, development, economics, knowledge management or related field
- At least eoght years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Significant experience designing and implementing baseline assessments, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, translating evidence into guidance for implementation, conducting data quality assessments, and assessing the quality of indicators.
- Deep knowledge of USAID M&E regulations, compliance and requirements
- Excellent team work, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Prior work experience in Bosnia/Herzegovina or the Balkans region is strongly preferred
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by filling out the online form shown below.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
Alegre Associates is an EEO/AA/ADA employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.